The Multimedia Lab aims to create an integrated research team focusing on digital signal, image, video and audio processing, wireless communication systems and networks.
The main research activity of Multimedia Lab focuses on the following research areas:
- image and video processing for biomedicine, eHealth and mHealth
- audio signal processing for active noise cancellation in the automotive context
- wireless networking and communication
- image and video processing for industrial and surveillance applications
- machine learning algorithms for data analysis.
Ricerca finanziata da privati:
- Active control of acoustic regions within vehicles
- Content extraction from multimedia signals
- Infant monitoring by video and multimedia sensors
- Anomaly detection in data collections
- Image processing for automatic optical positioning systems
- M. Martalò, R. Raheli, "Outage capacity analysis of the massive MIMO diversity channel", in Elsevier Physical Communication., vol., pp. 101683, 2022, (pre-proof online 17 March 2022), DOI: 10.1016/j.phycom.2022.101683.
- V. Mattioli, D. Alinovi, R. Raheli, "Maximum likelihood speed estimation of moving objects in video signals", in Elsevier Signal Processing, vol. 196, pp. 108528 (1-10), July 2022 (online 3 March 2022), DOI: 10.1016/j.sigpro.2022.108528, Complimentary access until 29 April 2022.
- S. Nallagonda, S. Dhar Roy, S. Kundu, G. Ferrari, R. Raheli, "Censoring-based cooperative spectrum sensing with improved energy detectors and multiple antennas in fading channels", in IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 54, pp. 537-553, April 2018, DOI: 10.1109/TAES.2017.2732798.
- M. Martalò, G. Ferrari, M. Asim, J. Gambini, C. Mazzucco, G. Cannalire, S. Bianchi, R. Raheli, "Iterative synchronization for dually-polarized independent transmission streams'', in IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 65, pp. 2534-2542, June 2017, DOI: 10.1109/TCOMM.2017.2688398.
- D. Alinovi, G. Ferrari, F. Pisani, R. Raheli, "Markov chain modeling and simulation of breathing patterns", in Elsevier Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, vol. 33, pp. 245-254, March 2017 (online 21 December 2016), DOI: 10.1016/j.bspc.2016.12.002.
- L. Cattani, D. Alinovi, G. Ferrari, R. Raheli, E. Pavlidis, C. Spagnoli, F. Pisani, "Monitoring infants by automatic video processing: A unified approach to motion analysis", in Elsevier Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 80, pp. 158-165, January 2017 (online 1 December 2016), DOI: 10.1016/j.compbiomed.2016.11.010.
- M. Martalò, G. Ferrari, M. Asim, J. Gambini, C. Mazzucco, G. Cannalire, S. Bianchi, R. Raheli, "Pragmatic phase noise compensation for high-order coded modulations'', in IET Communications, Print ISSN 1751-8628, Online ISSN 1751-8636, vol. 10, no. 15, 13 October 2016, pp. 1956-1963, DOI: 10.1049/iet-com.2016.0215.
- M. Martalò, R. Raheli, "Models, statistics, and rates of binary correlated sources", in Elsevier Physical Communication., vol. 19, pp. 70-80, June 2016 (online 19 April 2016), DOI: 10.1016/j.phycom.2016.04.002.
- F. Pisani, E. Pavlidis, L. Cattani, G. Ferrari, R. Raheli, C. Spagnoli, "Optimizing detection rate and characterisation of subtle paroxysmal neonatal abnormal facial movements with multi-camera video-EEG recordings", in Thieme Neuropediatrics, ISSN 0174-304X, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 169-174, April 2016, DOI: 10.1055/s-0036-1582245.
- M. Martalò, C. Tripodi, R. Raheli, "Simple upper bound on the information rate of the phase noise channel'', in IET Electronics Letters, Print ISSN 0013-5194, Online ISSN 1350-911X, vol. 52, No. 7, pp. 517-519, 1 April 2016, DOI: 10.1049/el.2015.3170.
- F. Pisani, C. Spagnoli, E. Pavlidis, C. Facini, G. M. Kouamou Ntonfo, G. Ferrari, R. Raheli, "Real-time automated detection of clonic seizures in newborns", in Elsevier Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 125, no. 8, pp. 1533-1540, August 2014, DOI: 10.1016/j.clinph.2013.12.119. See also Editorial by J. Jacobs, "Detecting neonatal seizures: A challenge accepted!", in the same issue, pp. 1501-1503, DOI: 10.1016/j.clinph.2014.02.003.
- A. Abrardo, G. Ferrari, M. Martalò, M. Franceschini, R. Raheli, ``Orthogonal Multiple Access with Correlated Sources: Feasible Region and Pragmatic Schemes'', in IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 62, pp. 2531-2543, July 2014, DOI: 10.1109/TCOMM.2014.2325039.
- S. Dhar Roy, S. Kundu, G. Ferrari, R. Raheli, "On spectrum sensing in cognitive radio CDMA networks with beamforming", in Elsevier Physical Communication., vol. 9, pp. 73-87, December 2013, DOI: 10.1016/j.phycom.2013.08.001.
- S. Dhar Roy, S. Kundu, G. Ferrari, R. Raheli, "Cognitive radio CDMA networking with spectrum sensing", in Wiley Int. J. Commun. Syst., First published online: August 2012, vol. 27, pp. 1582-1600, October 2014, DOI: 10.1002/dac.2421.
- G. M. Kouamou Ntonfo, G. Ferrari, R. Raheli, F. Pisani, "Low-complexity image processing for real-time detection of neonatal clonic seizures," in IEEE Trans. Inform. Tech. in BioMedicine, vol. 16, pp. 375-382, May 2012, DOI: 10.1109/TITB.2012.2186586